Complete the sentences and the puzzle and find the word in the gray boxes
- we are sorry the (delay). Your phone is going to leave in about two hours.
- the (departure) time for the next train to Philadelphia is 11:20.
- The airport clerk didn’t let my husband through because he didn’t have his (passport).
- Are you sure you can put all those clothes in that (suitcase)?
- Excuse me, I think you are sitting in my (seat).
- You always show your boarding (card) before you get on the plane.
- M.r Amr always prefers a” n” (aside) seat when he travels by plane.
- Amr goes on a lot of (business) trips, so he didn’t really enjoy travelling any more.
- There was a “n” (passenger) on the bus without a ticket.
- I wrote a letter to the airline because the flight (attendant) was very rude to me.
- Look! Our luggage is on the (conveyor) belt. Let’s go and get it.
Complete the dialogues with the past simple of the verbs in brackets. Use used to where possible
- I (called) “call” after I (had heard) “hear” about the accidents.
- The girls (hadn’t tidied) “not tidy” their room when I (returned) “return” home.
- Amr (had never played) “never/play” hockey before he (moved) “move” to the USA.
- By the time the police (arrived) “arrive”. Lisa (had left) “leave”.
- Amr (had written) “write” 5 letters by 6 pm yesterday.
- When (did) you (realize) “realize” that you (had lost) “lose” your wallet?
- Amr (decided) “decide” to see a doctor after he (had taken) “take” two painkillers.
- Ted (hadn’t started) “not start” teaching before he (got) “get” married.
اقراء : حل كتاب الانجليزي اول ثانوي
Complete with the correct prepositions
- We are run out (of) painkillers and I have a terrible headache.
- Just lie (down) and relax, you will feel better.
- Dr Amr is booked (up) for the whole week.
- F: Can I talk to M.r Ali, please.
A: of course. Just hang (on) a minute.
- Bill finally got (over) his cold. Now, he feels great.
Read the sentences and answer
- Can you tell me where Dr Amr’s (surgery) is, please?
- I’m sorry, but I have to leave early today. I have a” n” (appointment) with my dentist.
- Amr took the prescription to the chemist’s in the morning.
- Kareem can’t visit his cousin because he’s (allergic) to his pets.
Rewrite the sentences using the words in brackets
- Mona thinks that museums aren’t exciting. (boring)
Mona finds museums boring.
- Ola is very interested in painting. (fan)
Ola is a fan of painting.
- Omar likes computer games very much. (into)
Omar is really into computer games.
- Does Ali like history? (fond)
Is Ali fond of history.
- Ola hates homework. (stand)
Ola can’t stand homework.
شاهد ايضاً : حل كتاب الانجليزي ثاني ثانوي
Complete the sentences with the correct from of the phrases
“and, but, because, so, or”
- Yesterday didn’t go to the festival (because) he hates arts.
- F: what color do you like, yellow (or) red.
A: I like both yellow (and) red.
- Amr doesn’t drink coffee (or) tea, he hates both.
- Amr didn’t bought go to the mall (because) there was a tennis match on TV and he wanted to watch it.
- Fatma was very tired (so) she went to bed early.
- Nada didn’t go to the festival (because) he hates art.
- Omar doesn’t like science-fiction books (but) he loves history.
Complete the sentences
- Nobody can (beat) our team. We are the best.
- Amr is very (nervous) about the race.
- Fatma is (well-known) for the books she has written.
- My grandfather (came) across many difficulties when he was young.
- Ola (trains) every day because he wants to be ready for the championship.
- 2 of my friends finally hate each other and I wasn’t (aware of it).
- I arrived at the supermarket and then I (realized) I had no money on me.
- Ola made it (clear) that she won’t come back.
- I (came across) an old book while I was cleaning the garage.
Complete the dialogue with any, some, many and much
- F: Oh, no, I can’t make the cake because we have (no) milk.
A: don’t worry. I’m going to the supermarket now, so I can get (some)
F: Thanks. Can you get (some) eggs, too? We don’t have (any).
- F: do you have (any) sisters or brothers, Fatma?
A: well, I have 4 brothers but I don’t have (any) sisters.
- F: does this neighborhood have (any) restaurants?
A: oh, yes. There are (many) Chinese, around eight I think. There are also (no) Italian ones, three I think. However, there are (no) Mexican restaurants.
- F: I want to buy (some) new clothes for the holidays, but I don’t have (any) money. Can you lend me (some)?
A: I’m sorry, but I have (no) money on me.
Rewrite the sentences using the words in brackets
- Amr doesn’t have much free time. “little”
Amr has (little free time).
- The room looks large because they have very little furniture in it. “much”
The room looks large because they (don’t have much furniture.
- Ali didn’t win many races. “few”.
He (won few races).
- There isn’t any orange juice left. “no”
There (is no orange juice left).
- I slept for only a few hours last night. “much”
I didn’t (sleep much).
Complete the sentences with the correct question tag
- You are Amr, (Aren’t you)?
- It isn’t very early, (is it)?
- Amr’s seen the documentary, (hasn’t it)?
- Ali couldn’t drive last year, (could he)?
- They are met Amr before, (haven’t they)?
- His parents left last night, (didn’t they)?
- I’m your best friend, (aren’t I)?
- We will not go to the festival, (will we)?
Rewrite the sentences using the words given
- Ali got very good marks. His parents bought him a car.
(Ali got such good marks that his parents bought him a car).
- It was a difficult problem and nobody could think of an answer.
- (the problem was so difficult that nobody could think of the answer).
- It was a beautiful day. We went for a walk on the beach.
(the day was so beautiful that We went for a walk).
- The picnic was beautiful. The children didn’t want to leave.
(the picnic was so successful that the children didn’t want to leave).