التنقل في المقال
Write questions for the answers given. The words in bold are the answers
- (Who is going to school with Maria?)
Marwa s going to school with salma.
- (Where do you usually go during the summer?)
I caught five yesterday.
- (Which car do they like?)
They like the blue car.
- (What did you buy?)
I bought a skirt and a pair of shoes when I went shopping.
- (How many fish did you catch?)
I bought five fish yesterday.
- (When does Tom go jogging?)
Tom goes jogging in the morning.
Complete the sentences below using verbs and prepositions from the exercise above
“Argue, refer, suffer, die, cooperate, listen, agree, associate, link, escape, fight, belong, choose, speak, recover”
- Many people (suffer from) allergies in the spring.
- Who does this jacket (belong to)?
- I don’t (agree with/agree) mona, I think we should go by train.
- When students work together on projects, they learn how to (cooperate with) each other.
- The book is about how two men (escape from) prison
Rewrite the sentences with the new beginning using indirect questions.
- How much did that jacket cost?
Can you (tell me how much that jacket cost)?
- Why is Sally crying?
Can you (tell me why Sally is crying).
- How many eggs do we need for the cake?
Do you know (how many eggs we need for the cake)?
- When is Mona’s graduation?
Do you remember (when Mona’s graduation is)?
- Where is the bus shop?
Do you know (where the bus stop is)?
Complete the dialogues with the past simple of the verbs in brackets. Use used to where possible
- – (Did you buy) “you/buy” a newspaper this morning?
- – No, I didn’t. I (used to buy) “buy” one every morning, but now I don’t.
- – (Did you know) “you/know” that mona (used to jog/jogged) “jog” every morning before be (came) “come” to work?
-Of course, don’t tell me that you (didn’t know) “not know” that. He (stopped) “stop” jogging a month ago because of a knee problem.
- – I (went) “go” professor mona’s lecture last Saturday and I really (enjoyed) “enjoy” it. It was great!
-Yes, he (used to be /was) “be” my favorite professor.
شاهد : موقع حلول
Complete the dialogues with the present simple, the present progressive or the past simple of the verbs in brackets
- Hi, when (are you flying) “you/fly” to France?
* I (am/’m leaving) “leave” next week.
– so, (are you doing) “you/do” the three-week intensive French course?
* yes, at the school you (went) “go” to last year in Paris.
– yes, I (had) “have” a great time there last summer, l (stayed) “stay” with a host family. They (were) “be” really nice and their son (showed) “show” me around the city. (Do you know) “you/know” anyone in Paris?
* yes, I (am/’m staying) “stay” with a friend.
– great! (means) “mean” you will get to try some home-cooked traditional French food.
- -So where (are we going) “we/go” for the school trip?
* I (think) “think” M.r Kareem said Sorrento was the final decision.
-that’s great. I (went) “go” there with my parents last year and really (enjoyed) “enjoy” it.
*also, since we (are travelling) “travel” there in June, it will be warm enough to swim.
– that (sounds) “sound” wonderful! I can’t wait to go.
شاهد ايضاً : حل كتاب الانجليزي ثاني ثانوي
Write questions for the answers given. The words in bold are the answers.
- (Where are you going?)
I’m going to Hawaii.
- (Which flowers do you prefer?)
I prefer the purple flowers.
- (How many people were there at the festival?)
There were about two million people at the festival.
- (Who lives in that house?)
My math’s teacher, M.r Amr, lives in that house.
- (How much does it cost?)
It only costs 50$.
- (Who did Aya phone this morning?)
Aya phoned mona this morning.
شاهد معنا : موقع كتبي
Complete the sentences with the correct from of the phrases
“say to, tell the time, tell a lie, tell the truth, tell a story, say hello, tell the difference, say thank you, tell a secret, say sorry”
- When someone does you a favor it is only polite to (say thank you).
- We were in the neighborhood and just decided to pop in and (say hello).
- Mona is teaching her kindergarten class how to (tell the time).
- To (tell the truth), I think that Harry was lying to us.
- Most people find it really hard to (tell the difference) between the twins.
- If you don’t like rice, just (say so) and I will make you something else to eat.
- You can trust your friends, they would never (tell a secret) that they promised to keep.
- Kareem had just started (telling a story) about a famous writer when we heard a knock at the door.
- “l apologize” is a formal way of (saying sorry).
- I knew that Ian was (telling a lie).
Use the linking words/phrases in brackets to link the sentences
- Amr thought something was wrong with the road. He realized he had a flat tyre. (at first, then)
(At first, Amr thought something was wrong with the road, then he realized he had a flat tyre).
- I was driving to work; I had an accident. (while) (While I was driving to work, I had an accident. I had an accident while I was driving to work).
- Mona was reading a book. She got bored. (but, after a while)
(Mona was reading a book but after a while she got bored).
- The telephone was ringing for a long time somebody answered it. (and, finally)
(The telephone was ringing for a long time and, finally, somebody answered it).
- I opened the door and saw a mess the house was in. I was shocked. (when)
(When I opened the door and saw what a mess the house was in, I was shocked).
- The head teacher entered the classroom. The students stopped talking. (as soon as)
(As soon as the head teacher entered the classroom, the students stopped talking).
Complete the sentences with the correct from the words in capitals
- As a person, Mona is (unselfish), she thinks of others more than herself. SELFISH
- Amr lost his home and all of his (possessions) in the hurricane. POSSESS
- When the ambulance arrived, the motorcyclist was (unconscious). CONSCIOUS